Red Tent Girls – Moon Cycles for Teens, Tweens and their moms, is a workshop teaching young ones the magic and science of their bodies.
Talks, activities and art projects in the Curriculum:
Class 1: Our Bodies
*Anatomy & Physiology
What we have and how we work
- Anatomy of the female body
- Physiology of the female body, what are hormones and how do they work.
Class 2: The Journey of the Egg
*From our ovaries to our menstrual blood
- Physiology of the ovaries and ovulation
- The Lunar cycle in relation to our human cycle
- What happens if we aren’t making a baby
- How to use and care for a menstrual pad/liner, tampon and moon cup.
Class 3: Herbs and Foods for Hormone Health
*We have to power to have a healthy moon cycle
- Caring for our bodies, minds and hearts
- Healthy nutrition for healthy bodies
- Herbs/Foods for cramps, tiredness, supporting our blood, mood and skin.
Class 4: Howling at the Moon
* The Red Tent
- A place where women gather
*Rituals for Bleeding Time
- Making a moon mother altar
- Feeding the Plants our blood
Class 5: Our Female Body
*Checking in with our bodies
- Learning the basics of abdominal massage
- Self breast exam
*Body positive: feeling beautiful in who we are and our unique bodies.
Class 6: Consent is Cool
*Lets talk about boys and girls
- How do we interact with each other? More than friends?
- Learning how to say yes and no
- What are boundaries: with your personal space and respecting another’s space.
- Talking to your parents or other adult friends when you need help